Tuesday 2 October 2012

Brother Autumn


Brother Autumn has come to join us in the handwork room at school!
I posted last week about Lady Autumn.
I have so enjoyed crocheting the little shawls and baskets for these seasonal figures, and  it's been really therapeutic to breathe life into wool again.



I am really excited to see how these nature corners develop over the year, and how we can involve the children. I am already dreaming up my King Winter : )

I've just finished reading Kathryn Stockett's The Help, I grew very fond indeed of Aibileen, Minny and Skeeter and I was left imagining what became of them all...great story : )
I am happily joining Ginny and the gang over at Small Things for this week's Yarn Along.
It's tricky for me to post on Wednesdays now because that's a teaching day for me so I'll be linking up later than usual, hope you'll still find me ; )
 Speaking of teaching, I look forward to sharing some wonderful needle felted figures made over the weekend at the young people's workshop I gave at the Weekend in the Woods event. We felted through the wind and scattered showers and as always, so 
inspiring to see all the boundless creativity and effort.

'Til then, thanks so much for your visit x M


9 comments:

  1. As always, a truly wonderful creation. I am so glad you take the time to share the pictures. They are always an inspiration (and although I have yet to make a felt person of my own, I almost always come away with an idea - a colour combination I want to try, a basket or accessory). Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so lovely to have you visit Natalie : ) Glad you're enjoying the photos, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, he is wonderful! I'm so inspired to create more little figures after looking at your blog...I'll be sure to share when I get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so blessed with a beautiful talent....Love the little man.

    ~~Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's brilliant...love his boots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your creations, they are wonderful ! They are very inspiring for me, thanks to share... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing brother autumn ..truly talented.may brother autumn bring much joy ..bright blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow !!! beautiful and so lovely work :) i really like your good idea so much.Thank for sharing.

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete